Advantages & Benefits of hot stone massage.All massages generally fall under the alternative medicine umbrella. They're becoming a popular complementary therapy for many conditions.
1. Help relieve muscle tension and pain.Heat has long been used to ease muscle tension and pain. It helps increase blood flow to the affected area. It may also reduce muscle spasms and increase flexibility and range of motion.
Cold therapy helps relieve inflammation. Depending on your symptoms, alternating hot and cold stones during your massage could be helpful.
2. Reduce stress and anxiety.It's the position of the American Massage Therapy Association that "massage therapy can be effective for stress relief." Research supports their opinion. A 2001 study showed that a ten-minute massage improved cardiovascular responses such as stroke volume. A 1997 study found that 15-minute, onsite chair massages in the workplace significantly reduced stress compared to a 15-minute break without massage. A 2015 study found that people who underwent abdominal colorectal surgery had less pain, tension, and anxiety after receiving post-operative massage.
3. Promote Sleep.A hot stone massage helped promote and relaxation sleep. massage may be an alternative to sleeping pills in adults with insomnia. If you have suffered from sleeping problem this may be help to sleep faster. You will be also more alert, active, and positive upon awakening Massage is thought to help you enjoy more restorative sleep.
4. May relieve symptoms of autoimmune disease.A Hot stone massage may relieve painful conditions such as fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes widespread, chronic pain.
According to a 2002 study, people with fibromyalgia who received a 30-minute massage slept longer, had fewer trigger points, and had decreased levels of substance P (a substance involved in transmitting pain signals) than people with the condition who received relaxation therapy. More research is needed, however, before massage becomes a standard fibromyalgia treatment A 2013 study found that people with rheumatoid arthritis may benefit from a moderate-pressure massage, such as hot stone massage. Participants in the study experienced less pain, greater grip strength, and a greater range of motion after one month of massage therapy.
5. May help decrease cancer symptoms.A large, three-year study published in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management examined how massage affected pain, fatigue, stress and anxiety, nausea, and depression in 1,290 people with cancer. The study showed massage, especially Swedish massage, improved cancer symptoms, even in those with substantial symptoms. Researchers believe the comforting use of human touch played a role.
6. May boost immunity.Massage may give your immune system a boost. According to a 2010 study, a single session of Swedish massage therapy had a positive and acute impact on immunity Blood samples taken before and after the massage showed a decrease in arginine vasopressin, a hormone that helps regulate blood pressure and water retention.
At Number One Thai Massage and Spa Newcastle, UK. We will make sure you have a positive hot stone massage experience, Our massage therapist trained to work with hot stones. You may feel sore during your massage or the day after. This may be due to deep tissue manipulation and pressure. You shouldn't feel pain. If you are uncomfortable or experience pain during your massage, let your massage therapist know right away.